- Teacher’s Lesson Guide– The Fly Five Teacher’s Guide is an instructional manual that guides teachers on how to deliver each SEL lesson and provides suggestions on discussion questions as well as definitions for vocabulary words found on the posters and in the Student Journals. It also houses high-level foundational information on the C.A.R.E.S. competencies.
- Student Journals– The Student Journals are vibrant, colorful books that provide visual and manipulative tools to promote student learning. Filled with vignettes, scenarios, games, and other learning materials aligned with the lessons, the journal pages are infused with exciting designs and illustrations. Each student receives their own journal so they can creatively and individually engage with and explore their SEL lessons.
- The Mindful Student – The Mindful Student curriculum consists of twenty engaging, age-appropriate, and grade-specific mindfulness activities that correspond with a core lesson in the skill focus. The activities range from interactive partner work and role-playing to quiet visualizations and guided reflection. The activities are brief and versatile, so they can be used whenever students need an additional few moments to refocus and reset.
- PowerPoints– The PowerPoints (PPTs) are a digital resource for grades 3–8. Teachers download the presentation that aligns with their lesson. The presentations offer students an opportunity to explore visual models, photos, illustrations, and text that support lesson retention. The PPTs clearly define important words and skills and allow for individual vocabulary exploration.
- Teacher Resource– The Teacher Resource is an online downloadable resource that provides additional information regarding the visuals and Student Journal pages. The additional background information contextualizes the lessons and allows for stronger instruction and more in-depth learning.
- School-to-Home Connection– The School-to-Home Connection is a weekly newsletter filled with engaging activities to bring SEL learning into a student’s home and community. This newsletter communicates what SEL skills students are practicing each week and offers conversation prompts, guided reflections, read-alouds, and suggestions for students and families to practice SEL in their communities. The School-to-Home Connection encourages SEL growth beyond the classroom and affords students and families the opportunity to deepen their SEL skills together.
- Teacher Guide: Helpful Hints– The Helpful Hints section anticipates the questions and challenges that may arise when implementing the curriculum and offers solutions. The hints include suggestions for creating a positive classroom environment and evidence-based tips and strategies for using the instructional materials to their fullest potential. The Helpful Hints give teachers what they need for a seamless implementation.