- Teacher’s Lesson Guide– The Fly Five teacher’s guide is an instructional manual that guides teachers on how to deliver each SEL lesson and offers suggestions on discussion questions, as well as providing definitions for vocabulary words found on the posters and in the Student Journals. It also houses high-level foundational information on the C.A.R.E.S. competencies.
- Student Journals– The Student Journals are vibrant, colorful books that provide visual and manipulative tools to promote student learning. Filled with vignettes, scenarios, games, and other learning materials aligned with the lessons, the journal pages are infused with exciting designs and illustrations. Students receive their own journal so they can creatively and individually engage with and explore their SEL lessons.
- Poster Packs– For Kindergarten through Second Grade, the Poster Packs are a visual resource for interactive learning. They feature concept maps and character illustrations that support students’ understanding of SEL lessons and vocabulary. Teachers can utilize the Poster Packs in a variety of ways, such as displaying them only during the lesson or hanging them for a length of time for extended reinforcement of their SEL objective.
- Scenario Cards– For Kindergarten through Second Grade, the Scenario Cards depict a wide variety of situations where the characters must put their SEL skills to use. Each card is aligned with a skill focus and offers questions and prompts that allow students to think through the situations in their own way. These cards provide opportunities for students to explore, discuss, and practice SEL both during Fly Five lesson time and throughout the course of the day.
- The Mindful Student – The Mindful Student curriculum consists of twenty engaging, age-appropriate, and grade-specific mindfulness activities that correspond with a core lesson in the skill focus. The activities range from interactive partner work and role-playing to quiet visualizations and guided reflection. The activities are brief and versatile, so they can be used whenever students need an additional few moments to refocus and reset.
- Teacher Resource– The Teacher Resource is an online downloadable resource that provides additional information regarding the visuals and Student Journal pages. The additional background information contextualizes the lessons and allows for stronger instruction and more in-depth learning.
- School-to-Home Connection– The School-to-Home Connection is a weekly newsletter filled with engaging activities to bring SEL learning into a student’s home and community. This newsletter communicates what SEL skills students are practicing each week and offers conversation prompts, guided reflections, read-alouds, and suggestions for students and families to practice SEL in their communities. The School-to-Home Connection encourages SEL growth beyond the classroom and affords students and families the opportunity to deepen their SEL skills together.
- Teacher Guide: Helpful Hints– The Helpful Hints section anticipates the questions and challenges that may arise when implementing the curriculum and offers solutions. The hints include suggestions for creating a positive classroom environment and evidence-based tips and strategies for using the instructional materials to their fullest potential. The Helpful Hints give teachers what they need for a seamless implementation.